Welcome to the website of Newbold Astbury cum Moreton Parish Council, serving the twin parishes of Newbold Astbury and Moreton-cum-Alcumlow.
Information about the Parish Council
The Parish Council holds the Foundation accreditation under the Local Council Award Scheme, demonstrating that it has the required documentation and information in place for operating lawfully and according to standard practice. The council also has policies for training for its councillors and officers and so has the foundations for improvement and development in place.
- Roadworks: Peel LaneCheshire East Council will be upgrading the traffic lights at the railway bridge on Peel Lane from Monday 26 February to Friday 1 March. Traffic will be controlled by multi-way traffic lights: delays are possible. For full details see https://one.network/?GB136479880.
- Town and Parish Council Highways SurveyWe have sent this e-mail to remind you to complete our Highways survey. Your feedback is important to us as we look at reshaping the way we work in the future. Please click on the link below to access the survey.https://surveys.cheshireeast.gov.uk/s/TPHighwaysSurvey/?m=77482395njuyi This link is uniquely tied to this survey and your email address. Please do not forward ...continue reading "Town and Parish Council Highways Survey"
- Roadworks: Peel LaneFollowing the fall of a stone from St Mary's churchyard wall on Peel Lane, traffic is reduced to a single lane along the full length of the wall pending investigation. Traffic is controlled by two-way lights: delays are likely.
- Road closure: Dodds LaneDodds Lane will be closed along its entire length from Monday 19 February to Friday 23 February while Cheshire East Council jet the highways drainage to prevent flooding. The diversion route will be along Peel Lane and The Flash. For more details see https://one.network/?GB137603538, https://one.network/?GBTMI29692684 and https://one.network/?GBTMI29692685.
- Roadworks: Sandbach Road (A534)Zzoomm PLC will be working on Sandbach Road (A534), outside the Loachbrook estate, from Monday 19 February and Wednesday 21 February. Traffic will be controlled via two-way traffic lights: delays are likely. For more details see https://one.network/?GB137273722.