Sibelco, the operators of Bent Lane Farm sand quarry, have applied for planning permission to extend the quarry. To explain the extension, they are holding a public exhibition at the farm between 3:00pm and 7:00pm on Tuesday, 12 March 2019.sibelco-exhibition-2019-03-12
We’ve received the following notes from Graham, the CLR contractor:
- Sandy Lane Closure – Sandy Lane was due to be closed in early May but this clashes with planned maintenance works being carried out by CEC. It has therefore been agreed we will wait for these works to be completed before making a decision. When a date has been confirmed I will let you know.
- Stone deliveries – I have spoken with the Project Team and they have confirmed that there are no set routes to be taken by stone delivery lorries. They are not however allowed to take routes which are unsuitable for HGV’S or use roads with weight restrictions in place.
- Box Lane – We are not diverting vehicles including HGV’S down Box Lane. This is not to say the drivers won’t go down Box Lane anyways. We have agreed with the Traffic Management company that signs will be erected stating “No left turn for HGV’S”. I will also meet with the head teacher of the school in advance.
- Update of planned works – I will send an e-mail to you every Thursday with an update of the works that are set to commence in the following week / weeks.
- Fencing contractors / waste – I have sent an e-mail regarding the fencing contractors leaving waste behind and reiterated this is unacceptable.