Skip to content

Contacting Cheshire Police

Emergency — In emergency, dial 999 and ask for “Police”.

Non-emergency — In emergency, dial 101.  In some cases, and at peak times, it may be more effective to report your concerns via a different route: some alternatives are given below.

Face-to-Face — The Odd Rode community policing team comprises PC 4692 Kate Ritchie and PCSO 23355 Jeanette Carter.

Visit your local police station/helpdesk or speak to your local Police Community Support Officer. Cheshire has a dedicated PCSO in every ward across the county. They are a vital part of policing and an important connection between the force and local communities providing a familiar face as a point of contact.

Community Policing Surgeries —Details of surgeries in the Odd Rode area are available via the Cheshire Police website. Currently, surgeries are online via Twitter, with dates and times for February and March shown below:

Image of community policing surgeriese surgery

General Contact Form — If you have a general query, are seeking advice or, for example, want to notify the police of a planned event. Go to

Contact an Officer Form — This is a quicker way to request to speak to a named officer allocated to your case and is useful for when officers are not on duty. Go to

Incident Update Form — If you want to request an update on an incident go to

Local Priorities Form — To report an ongoing issue in your area that you want to highlight as needing action go to

Speeding Issues — For reporting issues with speeding drivers go to

Other Agencies — Your local authority or housing association deals with issues including noise nuisance, dog fouling and fly tipping.

Cheshire Police is are making a concerted effort to educate the public to ensure they know that many of their issues can be dealt with more effectively in other ways and it is not always necessary to pick up the phone and call 101.

In some cases 101 will be the best option and Cheshire Police will continue to inform people of when it is appropriate to use 101 to give the public a more efficient service and to allow us to deal effectively with crime.

The 101 number should be used to report a crime that has already taken place or to pass on information about a crime. The public should always call 999 where there is a threat to life or a crime is in progress.

More information is available on the Cheshire Police website